Respiratory substrates are the compounds
(1) Which gets oxidized during Respiration
(2) Which gets hydrolysed during Respiration
(3) Which gets reduced during Respiration
(4) Which catalyzes process of Respiration
(1) Breaking of a type of bonds like ionic or non ionic of complex compounds through oxidation within the cell by utilizing bulk of energy
(2) Breaking of C-C bonds of simple molecules through hydrolysis within the cell by releasing energy
(3) Breaking of C-C bonds of complex molecules through oxidation within the cell to release considerable amount of energy
(4) Breaking of C-C bonds of complex molecules through hydrolysis within the cell by releasing energy
The energy which is required for life processes is obtained by
A. Hydrolysis of Macromolecules
B. Hydrolysis of food
C. Oxidation of Macromolecules
D. Carboxylation of Macromolecules
The following statements are true except
(1) All the food that is respired for the life processes comes from photosynthesis
(2) Carnivores depend indirectly on plants for their food
(3) Saprophytes depend on dead and decaying matter
(4) Respiration is a metabolic process that occurs intercellular spaces
Which of the following statement is correct?
1. Glycolysis is present in facultative anaerobes, not in obligate anaerobes
2. Usually carbohydrates are oxidised to release energy in cellular respiration
3. Oxidation of one molecule of NADH gives rise to 3 molecules of ATP in anaerobic respiration
4. Fermentation takes place under anaerobic conditions in prokaryotes only
The plants do not breathe can be justified except
(1) Plants do not have sophisticated organs for gaseous exchange
(2) Each plant part takes care of its own gas-exchange needs
(3) There is huge transport of gases from one plant part to another
(4) Roots, stems and leaves respired at rates far lower than animals do.
Plants can get along without respiratory organs because of the following except:
|Each plant part takes care of its own gas exchange needs
|Plants do not present great demands for gas exchange.
|Gas diffusion in plants occurs easily over long distances in plants.
|Each living cell in a plant is located quite close to the surface of the plant.