Phosphoenol pyruvate (PEP) is the primary CO2 acceptor in
(1) C3 -plants
(2) C4 -plants
(3) C2 -plants
(4) C3 and C4 -plants
With reference to factors affecting the rate of photosynthesis, which of the following statements is not correct?
(1) Light saturation for CO2 -fixation occurs at 10% of full sunlight.
(2) Increasing atmospheric CO2 concentration upto 0.05% can enhance CO2 -fixation rate
(3) C3 -plants respond to higher temperature with enhanced photosynthesis, while C4 -plants have much lower temperature optimum.
(4) Tomato is greenhouse crop, which can be grown in CO2 -enriched amosphere for higher yield.
The process which makes major difference between C3 and C4 Plants is
(2) Clavin cycle
Water vapour comes out from the plant leaf through the stomatal opening. Through the same stomatal opening carbon dioxide diffuses into the plant during photosynthesis. Reason out the above statements using the following options.
1. Both process can happen together because the diffusion coefficient of water and CO2 is different.
2. The above processes happen only during night time
3. One process occurs during the day time and the other night
4. Both processes cannot happen simultaneously
A plant in your garden avoids photorespiratory losses, has improved water use efficiency, shows high rates of photosynthesis at high temperatures and has improved efficiency of nitrogen utilization. In which of the following physiological groups would you assign this plant?
Emerson's enhancement effect and red drop have been instrumental in the discovery of
(1) two photosystems operating simultaneously
(2) photophosphorylation and cyclic electron transport.
(3) Oxidative phosphorylation
(4) photophosphorylation and non-cyclic electron transport
In a chloroplast the highest number of protons are found in
(1) lumen of thylakoids
(2) inter membrane space
(3) antenna complex
The oxygen evolved during photosynthesis comes from water molecules. Which one of the following pairs of elements involved in this reaction?
1. Manganese and chlorine
2. Manganese and potassium
3. Manganese and molybdenum
4. Magnesium and chlorine
In photosynthesis, the light-independent reactions take place at
(a) thylakoid lumen
(b) photosystem l
(c) photosystem ll
(d) stromal matrix
The structures that are formed by stacking of organised flattened membranous sacs in the chloroplasts are
(c) stroma lamellae