What is the role of large bundle sheath cells found around the vascular bundles in C4 plants ?
1. To protect the vascular tissue from high light intensity
2. To provide the site for photorespiratory pathway
3. To increase the number of chloroplast for the operation of Calvin cycle
4. To enable the plant to tolerate high temperature
The products of light reaction in photosynthesis are:
1. ATP, NADPH and \(O_2\)
2. ATP, NADPH, \(O_2\) and \(H_2O\)
3. ATP, NADPH , and \(H_2O\)
4. ATP, NADPH , and \(CO_2\)
The ratio of carbon dioxide fixation between C4 plants and C3 plants is :
2. 2: 3
Which of the following statements is incorrect?
1. Grana lamellae have both PSI and PS II.
2. Cyclic photophosphorylation involves both PS I and PS II.
3. Both ATP and NADPH+H+ are non-cyclic synthesized during photophosphorylation.
4. Stroma lamellae have PS I only and lack NADP reductase.
The first stable product of CO2 fixation in sorghum is:
(1) Succinic acid
(2) Phosphoglyceric acid
(3) Pyruvic acid
(4) Oxaloacetic acid