Which one of the following is wrong statement?
1. Anabaena and Nostoc are capable of fixing nitrogen in free- living state also
2. Root nodule forming nitrogen fixers live as aerobes under free-living conditions
3. Phosphorus is a constituents of cell membranes, certain nucleic acids and all proteins
4. Nitrosomonas and Nitrobacter are chemoautotrophs
An element playing important role in nitrogen fixation is
1. oxygen removal
2. nodule differentiation
3. expression of nif gene
4. inhibition of nitrogenase activity
1. convert free nitrogen to nitrogen compounds
2. convert proteins into ammonia
3. reduce nitrates to free nitrogen
4. oxidize ammonia to nitrates
Which one of the following is not a micronutrient?
The free-living, anaerobic nitrogen-fixer is
Manganese is required in
1. nucleic acid synthesis
2. plant cell wall formation
3. photolysis of water during photosynthesis
4. chlorophyll synthesis
Which of the following is a symbiotic nitrogen fixer?
Which of the following is a flowering plant with nodules containing filamentous nitrogen-fixing microorganism ?
1. Casuarina equisetifolia
2. Crotolaria juncea
3. Cycas revoluta
4. Cicer arietinum