The form of sugar transported through phloem is
The process of guttation takes place
1. when the root pressure is high and the rate of transpiration is low.
2. when the root pressure is low and the rate of transpiration is high.
3. when the root pressure equals the rate of transpiration.
4. when the root pressure as well as rate of transpiration are high.
Which of the following is an example of imbibition?
1. Uptake of water by roothair
2. Exchange of gases in stomata
3. Swelling of seed when put in soil
4. Opening of stomata
When a plant undergoes senescence, the nutrients may be
2. bound to cell wall
4. None of these
Water potential of pure water at standard temperature is equal to
4. None of these
Choose the correct option mycorrhiza is a symbiotic association of a fungus with root system which helps in
A. absorption of water
B. mineral nutrition
D. gaseous exchange
1. Only A
2. Only B
3. Both A and B
4. Both B and C
Based on the figure given below, which of the following statements is not correct?
1. Movement of solvent molecules will take place from chamber A to B.
2. Movement of solute will take place from A to B.
3. Presence of a semipermeable membrane is a pre-requisite for this process to occur.
4. The direction and rate of osmosis depend on both the pressure gradient and concentration gradient.
Match the following and choose the correct option.
(i) Anti – transpirant
(iii)Negative osmotic potential
E. Plasmolysed Cell
1. A-ii, B-iv, C-v, D-i, E-iii
2. A-iii, B-ii, C-iv, D-i, E-v
3. A-i, B-ii, C-iii, D-iv, E-v
4. A-v, B-iv, C-iii, D-ii, E-i
Which one of the following will not directly affect transpiration?
3. Wind speed
4. Chlorophyll content of leaves
Which of the following statements does not apply to reverse osmosis?
1. It is used for water purification
2. In this technique, pressure greater than osmotic pressure is applied to the system
3. It is a passive process
4. it is an active process