Which of the following is not a feature of the active transport of solutes in plants?
1. Occurs against the concentration gradient
3. Occurs through membranes
4. Requires ATP
Which protein is responsible for active transport:-
How many properties are associated with active transport?
a. Requires special membrane proteins
b. Highly selective in nature
c. Transport saturates
d. Requires ATP as source of energy
e. Responds to protein inhibitors
1. a, b, c, d only
2. b, c, d, e only
3. a, c, d, e only
4. All a, b, c, d, e
In active transport, carrier proteins are used, which use energy in the form of ATP, to:
(1) transport molecules against the concentration gradient of the cell wall.
(2) transport molecules along the concentration gradient of the cell membrane.
(3) transport molecules against the concentration gradient of the cell membrane.
(4) transport molecules along the concentration gradient of the cell wall.
Identify the incorrect match
|a. Requires special membrane proteins||No||Yes||Yes|
|b. Highly selective||No||Yes||Yes|
|c. Transport saturates||No||No||Yes|
|d. Uphill transport||No||Yes||Yes|
|e. Requires ATP energy||No||No||Yes|
1. c & d
2. a, c, & d
3. c, d & e
4. b, c & d
Facilitated transport differs from active transport as the former
1. Transports saturates.
2. Response to protein inhibitors.
3. Requires special membrane proteins.
4. Shows downhill transport.