Root pressure develops due to?
1. Active absorption
2. Low osmotic potential in Soil
3. Passive absorption
4. Increase in transpiration
A column of water within xylem vessels of tall trees does not break under its weight because of?
1. Dissolved sugar in water
2. Tensile strength of water
3. Lignification of xylem vessels
4. Positive root pressure
Transpiration and root pressure cause water to rise in plants by:
In a ring-girdled plant:
Which one of the following is correctly matched?
1. Passive transport of nutrients-ATP
2. Apoplast- Plasmodesmata
3. Potassium- Readily mobilized
4. Bakanae of rice seedlings-F Skoog
Guttation is the result of:
1. Root pressure
Function of companion cells is:
|1.||Loading of sucrose into sieve elements|
|2.||Providing energy to sieve elements for active transport|
|3.||Providing water to phloem|
|4.||Loading of sucrose into sieve elements by passive transport|