Select the incorrect statement.
1. Transport of molecules in phloem can be bidirectional.
2. The movement of minerals in the xylem is unidirectional.
3. Unloading of sucrose at the sink does not involve the utilization of ATP.
4. Elements most easily mobilized in plants from one region to another are phosphorus, sulfur, nitrogen, and potassium.
What is the direction of movement of sugars in phloem?
Phloem sap in the plants mainly consists of :
1. fructose and water
2. fructose and sucrose
3. glucose and water
4. sucrose and water
Which of the following was proved by girdling experiment?
1. Apoplastic movement of water occurs through intercellular spaces
2. Symplastic movement of water occurs through interconnected protoplast
3. Xylem is responsible for uptake of water
4. Phloem is responsible for translocation of food