Which of the following is not a feature of the active transport of solutes in plants?
1. Occurs against the concentration gradient
3. Occurs through membranes
4. Requires ATP
What will be the direction of flow of water when a plant cell is placed in a Hypotonic solution?
1. Water will flow in both directions.
2. Water will flow out of the cell.
3. Water will flow into the cell.
4. No flow of water in any direction.
The main difference between active and passive transport across cell membrane is :
1. passive transport is non-selective whereas active transport is selective
2. passive transport requires a concentration gradient across a biological membrane whereas active transport requires energy to move solutes.
3. passive transport is confined to anionic carrier proteins whereas active transport is confined to cationic channel.
4. active transport occurs more rapidly than passive
What is the direction of movement of sugars in phloem?
1. Water, minerals salts, some nitrogen and hormones
2. Water only
3. Water and mineral salts only
4. Water, mineral and some organic nitrogen only
The process responsible for facilitating loss of water in liquid form from the tip of grass blades at night and early morning is:
1. Root pressure
Select the incorrect statement.
1. Transport of molecules in phloem can be bidirectional.
2. The movement of minerals in the xylem is unidirectional.
3. Unloading of sucrose at the sink does not involve the utilization of ATP.
4. Elements most easily mobilized in plants from one region to another are phosphorus, sulfur, nitrogen, and potassium.
Match List - I with List-II.
(c) Surface tension
(i) More attraction in liquid phase
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
(a) (b) (c) (d)
1. (iii) (i) (iv) (ii)
2. (ii) (i) (iv) (iii)
3. (ii) (iv) (i) (iii)
4. (iv) (iii) (ii) (i)
Which of the following is not observed during apoplastic pathway?
1. Apoplast is continuous and does not provide any barrier to water movement.
2. Movement of water occurs through intercellular spaces and wall of the cells.
3. The movement does not involve crossing of cell membrane
4. The movement is aided by cytoplasmic streaming
Addition of more solutes in a given solution will:
1. not affect the water potential at all
2. raise its water potential
3. lower its water potential
4. make its water potential zero