Which is the longest phase of the cell cycle?
Identify the correct matched pair.
(1) Segregation-Metaphase ll
(2) Significance of meiosis-production of genetically similar cells
(3) Exchange of genetic material- DIakinesis
(4) Anaphase ll of meiosis-Centromeric division
The exchange of segments of non-sister chromatids between chromosomes of a homologous pair termed as
(3) crossing over
(4) chromosomal aberration
What is the correct sequence of the steps given here ? Also work out the process depicted in the steps.
(i) Homologous chromosomes move toward opposite poles of the cell; chromatids do not separate
(ii) Chromosomes gather together at the two poles of the cell and the nucleare membranes reform
(iii) Homologous chromosomes pair and exchange segments
(iv) Homologous chromosomes align on a central plate
(v) The haploid cells separate completely
(1) The correct sequence is and the process is meiosis-I
(2) The correct sequence is and the process is mitosis
(3) The correct sequence is and the process is meiosis-I
(4) the correct sequence is and the process is mitosis
During meiosis, the sister chromatids separate during:
(1) Anaphase II
(2) Anaphase I
(3) The S phase
Chromosomes decondense into diffuse chromatin:
(1) At the end of telophase
(2) At the beginning of prophase
(3) At the end of interphase
(4) At the end of metaphase
Which of the following does not occur during mitotic prophase?
(1) Disappearance of the nuclear envelope
(2) Chromosome condensation
(3) Migration of centrosomes towards the cell poles
(4) Synapsis of homologous chromosomes
Which of the following is not true for sister chromatids?
(1) They arise by replication during S phase
(2) They segregate from each other during each mitotic anaphase
(3) The usually contain identical versions of the same genetic information
(4) They segregate from each other during meiosis I
Which of the following statements is True?
(1) Cell plate represents the middle lamella between the walls of two adjacents cells
(2) At the time of cytokinesis, organelles like mitochondria and plastids get distributed between the daughter cells
(3) Cytokinesis in plant cell is centrifugal and takes place by cell-plate formation while animal cells by furrowing / cleavage and is centripetal
(4) All are correct
Cytokinesis in animal cell takes place by _______; in _______ direction while in plant cell by _______; in _______ direction:
(1) Furrowing, centrifugal, cell plate, centripetal
(2) Furrowing, centripetal, cell plate, Centrifugal
(3) Cell plate, centrifugal, furrowing, centripetal
(4) Cell plate, centripetal, furrowing, centrifugal