Given below is a schematic break-up of the phases/stages of the cell cycle
Which one of the following is the correct indication of the stage/phase in the cell cycle?
3. D-Synthesis phase
Astral rays arise from
When synapsis is complete all along the chromosome, the cell is said to have entered a stage called
Which of the following is not a characteristic of meiosis?
(1) It involves two stages of DNA replication one before meiosis-I and another before meiosis-II
(2) It involves recombination and crossing over
(3) Sister chromatids separate during anaphase- II
(4) Nuclear membrane disappears during prophase.
Which is the longest phase of the cell cycle?
Identify the correct matched pair.
(1) Segregation-Metaphase ll
(2) Significance of meiosis-production of genetically similar cells
(3) Exchange of genetic material- DIakinesis
(4) Anaphase ll of meiosis-Centromeric division
The exchange of segments of non-sister chromatids between chromosomes of a homologous pair termed as
(3) crossing over
(4) chromosomal aberration
What is the correct sequence of the steps given here ? Also work out the process depicted in the steps.
(i) Homologous chromosomes move toward opposite poles of the cell; chromatids do not separate
(ii) Chromosomes gather together at the two poles of the cell and the nucleare membranes reform
(iii) Homologous chromosomes pair and exchange segments
(iv) Homologous chromosomes align on a central plate
(v) The haploid cells separate completely
(1) The correct sequence is and the process is meiosis-I
(2) The correct sequence is and the process is mitosis
(3) The correct sequence is and the process is meiosis-I
(4) the correct sequence is and the process is mitosis
During meiosis, the sister chromatids separate during:
(1) Anaphase II
(2) Anaphase I
(3) The S phase
Chromosomes decondense into diffuse chromatin:
(1) At the end of telophase
(2) At the beginning of prophase
(3) At the end of interphase
(4) At the end of metaphase