The centrioles replicate during:
1. G1 phase
2. S phase
3. G2 phase
4. Early prophase
Bivalent chromosomes clearly appear as tetrads during:
The beginning of diplotene is recognized by :
1. appearance of recombination nodules
2. Crossing over
3. Dissolution of synaptonemal complex
4. Appearance of chiasmata
Consider the given two statements:
l. During G1 phase the cell is metabolically active and continuously grows but does not replicate its DNA.
ll. During G2 phase, proteins are synthesized in preparation for mitosis while cell growth continues.
Of the two statements:
1. Only l is correct
2. Only ll is correct
3. Both l and ll are correct
4. Both l and ll are incorrect
If the DNA content of an onion tip cell is 2C at the end of the M-phase, what would be its DNA content at the end of the S-phase?
In oocyte of some vertebrates, the stage of meiosis I that can last for months or years would be:
When a cell stops growing, say due to shortage of nutrients, this will occur in which phase of the cell cycle?
The following cell undergoing mitosis, is at :
1. Early prophase
2. Late prophase
3. Transition to metaphase
4. Early metaphase
Which of the following options gives the correct sequences of events during mitosis?
(1) Condensation → nuclear membrane disassembly → crossing over → Segregation → telophase
(2) Condensation → nuclear membrane disassembly → arrangement at equator → centromere division → Segregation → telophase
(3) Condensation → crossing over → nuclear membrane disassembly → Segregation → telophase
(4) Condensation → arrangement at equator → centromere division → Segregation → telophase
During cell growth, DNA synthesis takes place in