Given below is the representation of a certain event at a particular stage of a type of cell division. Which is this stage?
1. Prophase-I during meiosis
2. Prophase-II during meiosis
3. Prophase of mitosis
4. Both prophase and metaphase of mitosis
1. Chromatids start moving towards opposite poles in telophase.
2. Golgi complex and endoplasmic reticulum are still visible at the end of prophase.
3. Chromosomes move to the spindle equator and get aligned along equatorial plate in metaphase.
4. Chromatids separate but remain in the center of the cell in anaphase.
During mitosis ER and nucleolus begin to disappear at
1. late prophase
2. early metaphase
3. late metaphase
4. early prophase
Which stages of cell division do the following figures A and B represent respectively?
1. Metaphase- Telophase
2. Telophase- Metaphase
3. Late anaphase- Prophase
4. Prophase- Anaphase
Given below is a schematic break-up of the phases/stages of cell cycle
Which one of the following is the correct indication of the stage/phase in the cell cycle?
3. D-Synthetic phase
Synapsis occurs between
1. a male and a female gamete
2. mRNA and ribosomes
3. spindle fibres and centromere
4. two homologous chromosomes
During gamete formation, the enzyme recombinase participates during
The complex formed by a pair of synapsed homologous chromosomes is called
4. Equatorial plate
The enzyme recombinase is required at which stage of meiosis
In 'S' phase of the cell cycle
1. amount of DNA doubles in each cell.
2. amount of DNA remains same in each cell
3. chromosome number is increased
4. amount of DNA is reduced to half in each cell.