Dissolution of the synaptonemal complex occurs during :
Match the following with respect to meiosis:
a. Zygotene i. Terminalization
b. Pachytene ii. Chiasmata
c. Diplotene iii. Crossing over
d. Diakinesis iv. Synapsis
Select the correct option from the following:
(a) (b) (c) (d)
1. iv iii ii i
2. i ii iv iii
3. ii iv iii i
4. iii iv i ii
Identify the correct statement with regard to phase (Gap 1) of interphase.
1. The reorganisation of all cell components takes place.
2. The cell is metabolically active, grow but does not replicate its DNA
3. Nuclear Division takes place
4. DNA synthesis or replication takes place.
Some dividing cells exit the cell cycle and enter the vegetative inactive stage. This is called the quiescent stage . This process occurs at the end of:
2. S phase
4. M phase
Attachment of spindle fibers to kinetochores of chromosomes becomes evident in :
During Meiosis 1, in which stage synapsis takes place?
Match the following events that occur in their respective phases of cell cycle and select the correct option :
(a) G 1 phase (i) Cell grows and organelle duplication
(b) S phase (ii) DNA replication and chromosome duplication
(c) G 2 phase (iii) Cytoplasmic growth
(d) Metaphase in M-phase (iv) Alignment of chromosomes
1. (a)-(ii), (b)-(iii), (c)-(iv), (d)-(i)
2. (a)-(iii), (b)-(iv), (c)-(i), (d)-(ii)
3. (a)-(iv), (b)-(i), (c)-(ii), (d)-(iii)
4. (a)-(iii), (b)-(ii), (c)-(i), (d)-(iv)
Crossing over takes place between which chromatids and in which stage of the cell cycle?
1. Non-sister chromatids of non-homologous chromosomes at Zygotene stage of prophase I.
2. Non-sister chromatids of homologous chromosomes at Pachytene stage of prophase I.
3. Non-sister chromatids of homologous chromosomes at Zygotene stage of prophase I.
4. Non-sister chromatids of non-homologous chromosomes at Pachytene stage of prophase I.
After meiosis I, the resultant daughter cells have
1. same amount of DNA as in the parent cell in S
2. twice the amount of DNA in comparison to haploid
3. same amount of DNA in comparison to haploid gamete
4. four times the amount of DNA in comparison to haploid gamete
Which of the following stages of meiosis involves division of centromere?
(1) Anaphase II
(2) Telophase II
(3) Metaphase I
(4) Metaphase II