Choose incorrect statement regarding cells
1. Mycoplasma, the smallest cell, is only 0.3 m in length while bacteria could be 3 to 5 m
2. Hemoglobin associated human cells are about 7m in diameter
3. The shape of the cell may not vary with the function they perform
4. Nerve cells are longest cells
Choose incorrect statement
1. Leeuwenhoek first saw and described a living cell
2. Robert Brown discovered cell
3. Electron microscope revealed all the structural details of cell
4. A large cell has a higher volume: surface ratio than a smaller cell
Cell is the fundamental structural and functional unit of all living organisms because:
(1) Anything less than a complete structure of a cell does not ensure independant living.
(2) The metabolic reactions can only occur inside a living cell.
(3) Nucleic acids present in the cells ensure living state.
(4) The membrane bound organelles cause differentiation for proper functioning.
Identify the cell organelles labelled as A, B, C and D. Mark the correct option w.r.t. organelle and its function.
1. A - Major site for synthesis of lipid.
2. B - Performs the function of packaging materials, to be delivered to only intracellular targets.
3. C - Sites of anaerobic respiration.
4. D - Main arena of cellular activities
Cell theory was proposed by
(1) a botanist
(2) a zoologist
(3) a botanist and a zoologist
(4) a psychologist.
The concept of "Omnis cellula-e-cellula" regarding cell division was first proposed by:
2. Rudolf Virchow
3. Theodore Schwann
Who first explained that new cells are formed from pre-existing cells
1. Theodore Schwann
2. Rudolf Virchow
3. Matthias Schleiden
4. Robert Hooke
Which one of the following is incorrect statement
(1) All organisms are composed of cells
(2) Cell is the basic unit of life
(3) All inanimate things are made up of cells
(4) Virus is acellular
Cell theory formulated by Schleiden and Schwann does not explain which one of the following features?
1. Organisms are composed of cells and their products
2. All cells are basically alike in their structure and metabolism
3. New cells originate from pre-existing cells
4. The function of an organism is an outcome of activities and interactions of its constituent cells
Which one is incorrect
(1)Mycoplasmas are greater than bacteria
(2)largest isolated cell is ostrich egg
(3)Nerve cells are longest cells
(4)The shape of the cell may vary with the function they perform