Mark the following statements as true (T) or false (F) and select the correct option :
A. Acrocentric chromosome appears J-shaped during anaphase.
B. Centromere holds two chromatids together.
C. Outer membrane of nucleus is connected with SER only.
Read the below given statements and select the correct option.
A. In 70S ribosome, S stands for sedimentation coefficient.
B. Only prokaryotes have 70S ribosomes.
1. Only A is correct
2. Only B is correct
3. Both A and B are correct
4. Both A and B are incorrect
State the following statements as true (T) or false (F) and select the correct option.
A. Integral proteins are partially or totally buried in the membrane.
B. Human RBC membrane has approximately 52% proteins.
C. Proteins move laterally within overall bilayer of membrane.
A B C
1. T T T
2. F T F
3. T F T
4. F F T
Read the following statements and choose the option which is true for them.
Statement-1: Polar molecules cannot pass through lipid bilayer of plasma membrane by self.
Statement-2: Polar molecules require carrier proteins to facilitate their transport across the membrane.
1. Both the statements are correct
2. Both the statements are incorrect
3. Only statement-1 is correct
4. Only statement-2 is correct
Select the correct option based on statements below:
|Assertion (A):||Plasmids are extrachromosomal DNA.|
|Reason (R):||Plasmids are found in bacteria and are useful in genetic engineering.|
|1.||Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).|
|2.||Both (A) and (R) are true but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).|
|3.||(A) is true but (R) is false.|
|4.||Both (A) and (R) are false.|
In the following diagram, select the part correctly matched with its character or function.
1. A - The passage through the movement of RNA and protein molecules take place in both directions
2. B - Frequently observed in cells actively involved in lipids synthesis and secretion
3. C - Membrane-bound structures composed of deoxyribonucleic acid and proteins
4. D - Provide surface for DNA and protein synthesis
The figure below shows the structure of a mitochondrion with its four parts labelled (A), (B), (C) and (D). Select the part correctly matched with its function.
|1.||Part (A) : Matrix – a major site for respiratory chain enzymes|
|2.||Part (D) : Outer membrane – gives rise to the inner membrane by splitting|
|3.||Part (B) : Inner membrane – forms infoldings called cristae|
|4.||Part (C) : Cristae – possess single circular DNA molecule and ribosome|
Which one of the following organelle in the figure correctly matches with its function?
1. Golgi apparatus, protein synthesis
2. Golgi apparatus, formation of glycolipids
3. Rough endoplasmic reticulum, protein synthesis
4. Rough endoplasmic reticulum, formation of gIycoproteins
Mark the mismatched pair.
(i) Store protein granule
(ii) Store oils or fats
(iii) Contain chlorophyll pigments
(iv) Contain colored pigments other than chlorophyll