Select the correct statement from the following regarding cell membrane.
1. Na+ and K+ ions move across cell membrane by passive transport
2. Proteins make up 60 to 70% of the cell membrane
3. Lipids are arranged in a bilayer with polar heads towards the inner part
4. Fluid mosaic model of cell membrane was proposed by Singer and Nicolson
Which one of the following is not a constituent of cell membrane?
The cell membranes are mainly composed of:-
In fluid mosaic model of plasma membrane
1. Upper layer is non-polar and hydrophilic
2. Polar layer is hydrophobic
3. Phospholipids form a bimolecular layer in middle part
4. Proteins form a middle layer