When the centromere is situated in the middle of two equal arms of chromosomes, the chromosome is referred as :
Match List - I with List - II
|List -I||List - II|
|(a) Cristae||(i) Primary constriction in chromosome|
|(b) Thylakoids||(ii) Disc-shaped sacs in Golgi apparatus|
|(c) Centromere||(iii) Infoldings in mitochondria|
|(d) Cisternae||(iv) Flattened membranous sacs in stroma of plastids|
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
Which of the following is an incorrect statement?
1. The perinuclear space forms a barrier between the materials present inside the nucleus and that of the cytoplasm.
2. Nuclear pores act as passages for proteins and RNA molecules in both directions between nucleus and cytoplasm.
3. Mature sieve tube elements possess a conspicuous nucleus and usual cytoplasmic organelles.
4. Microbodies are present both in plant and animal cells.
The organelles that are included in the endomembrane system are:
(1) Golgi complex, Mitochondria, Ribosomes and Lysosomes
(2) Golgi complex, Endoplasmic reticulus, Mitochondria and Lysosomes
(3) Endoplasmic reticulum, Mitochondria, Ribosomes and Lysosomes
(4) Endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi complex, Lysosomes and Vacuoles
Microtubules absent in : -
3. Spindle fibres
Element necessary for the middle lamella
Extranuclear chromosomes occur in : -
1. Peroxisome and ribosome
2. Chloroplast and mitochondria
3. Mitochondria and ribosome
4. Chloroplast and lysosome
Difference in gram ⊕ and gram bacteria is due to -
1. Cell wall
2. Cell membrane
Chromosomes in a bacterial cell can be 1–3 in number and: -
1. Are always circular
2. Are always linear
3. Can be either circular or linear, but never both within the same cell
4. Can be circular as well as linear within the same cell
Lysosome contains :
|1. Oxidative enzymes||2. Hydrolytic enzymes|
|3. Reductive enzymes||4. Anabolic enzymes|