Which of the following statement about inclusion bodies incorrect ?
(1) These are involved in ingestion of food particles.
(2) They lie free in the cytoplasm.
(3) These represent reserve material in cytoplasm.
(4) They are not bound by any memberane.
Which is the important site of formation of glycoproteins and glycolipids in eukaryotic cells?
(2) Golgi bodies
(4) Endoplasmic reticulum
Inclusion bodies of blue-green, purple, and green photosynthetic bacteria are :
1. Contractile vacuoles
2. Gas vacuoles
The biosynthesis of ribosomal RNA occurs in :
2. Golgi apparatus
The size of Pleuropneumonia - like Organism (PPLO) is :
1. 0.02 m
2. 1-2 m
3. 10-20 m
4. 0.1 m
Match the following columns and select the correct option :
Column - I Column - II
(a) Smooth endoplasmic reticulum (i) Protein synthesis
(b) Rough endoplasmic reticulum (ii) Lipid synthesis
(c) Golgi complex (iii) Glycosylation
(d) Centriole (iv) Spindle formation
1. (a)-(ii), (b)-(i), (c)-(iii). (d)-(iv)
2. (a)-(iii), (b)-(i), (c)-(ii), (d)-(iv)
3. (a)-(iv), (b)-(ii), (c)-(i), (d)-(iii)
4. (a)-(i), (b)-(ii), (c)-(iii), (d)-(iv)
Match the column I with column II.
Column I Column II
(a) Golgi apparatus (i) Synthesis of protein
(b) Lysosomes (ii) Trap waste and excretory products
(c) Vacuoles (iii) Formation of glycoproteins and glycolipids
(d) Ribosomes (iv) Digesting biomolecules
Choose the right match from options given below:
1. (a)-(iii), (b)-(iv), (c)-(ii), (d)-(i)
2. (a)-(iv), (b)-(iii), (c)-(i), (d)-(ii)
3. (a)-(iii), (b)-(ii), (c)-(iv), (d)-(i)
4. (a)-(i), (b)-(ii), (c)-(iv), (d)-(iii)
Which of the following nucleic acids is present in an organism having 70 S ribosomes only?
1. Single stranded DNA with protein coat
2. Double stranded circular naked DNA
3. Double stranded DNA enclosed in nuclear membrane
4. Double stranded circular DNA with histone proteins
Non-membranous nucleoplasmic structures in nucleus are the site for active synthesis of
1. protein synthesis
Which one of the following cellular parts is correctly described ?
1. Centrioles - sites for active RNA synthesis
2. Ribosomes - those on chloroplasts are larger (80s) while those in the cytoplasm are smaller (70s)
3. Lysosomes - optimally active at a pH of about 8.5
4. Thylakoids - flattened membranous sacs forming the grana of chloroplasts