Different cells have different sizes. Given are the following cells:
II. Ostrich eggs
III. Human RBC
The correct ascending order of their size of the cells given above will be :
1. I, IV, III, II
2. I, I, IIL, IV
3. II, I, III, IV
4. III, II, I, IV
Which of the following features is common to prokaryotes and many eukaryotes?
1. Chromatin material present
2. Cell wall present
3. Nuclear membrane present
4. Membrane bound sub-cellular organelles present
Who proposed the fluid mosaic model of plasma membrane?
1. Camillo Golgi
2. Schleiden and Schwann
3. Singer and Nicolson
4. Robert Brown
Which of the following statement is true for a secretory cell?
1. Golgi apparatus is absent
2. Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum (RER) is easily observed in the cell.
3. Only Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum (SER) is present.
4. Secretory granules are formed in nucleus.
What is a tonoplast?
1. outer membrane of mitochondria
2. inner membrane of mitochondria
3. membrane boundary of the vacuole of plant cell
4. cell membrane of plant cell
Which of the following is not true of a eukaryotic cell?
Which of the following statement is not true for plasma membrane?
1. It is present in both plant and animal cell.
2. Lipid is present as a bilayer in it.
3. Proteins are present, integrated as well as loosely associated, with the lipid bilayer
4. Carbohydrate is never found in it
Plastid differs from mitochondria on the basis of one of the following features. Mark the right answer.
1. Presence of two layers of membrane