Which cell organelle principally performs the function of packaging materials, to be delivered either to the intra-cellular targets or secreted outside the cell?
1. Rough endoplasmic reticulum
2. Golgi apparatus
3. Smooth endoplasmic reticulum
The Golgi complex plays a major role:
(1) in trapping the light and transforming it into chemical energy
(2) in digesting proteins and carbohydrates
(3) as energy transferring organelles
(4) in post translational modification of proteins and glycosidation of lipids
Which of the following is the correct sequence / route of the secretory product?
1. ER Vesicles Cis region of GB Trans region of GB Vesicle Plasma membrane.
2. RER GB Lysosome Nuclear membrane Plasma membrane.
3. ER Vesicles Trans region of GB Cis region of GB Vesicles Plasma membrane.
4. Lysosome ER GB Vesicles Cell membrane.
The cis and trans faces of the Golgi Apparatus are:
1. Similar but not interconnected
2. Similar and interconnected
3. Entirely different but interconnected
4. Entirely different and not interconnected
Which of the following cell organelle is closely associated with ER & helps in formation of plasma membrane during cytokinesis?
3. Golgi bodies
Select the incorrect statement with respect to Golgi apparatus
1. The cis and trans faces of the organelle are similar but interconnected
2. The Golgi cisternae are concentrically arranged near the nucleus
3. It remains in close association with the endoplasmic reticulum
4. The ER vesicles fuse with the cis face
Choose incorrect match
1. Chloroplast - Thylakoid
2. Golgi bodies - Cristae
3. Mitochondria - Oxisome
4. Centriole - Microtubules
Vesicles from ER fuse with
1. Maturing face of Golgi body
2. Forming face of Golgi body
3. Primary lysosome for intercellular digestion
4. Plasma membrane to remove them out from cell
Find out the incorrect match
1. Lysosome - Intracellular scavenging
2. Golgi complex - Metabolism of xenobiotics
3. Elaioplast - Oil and fat storage
4. Glyoxysomes - Gluconeogenesis