The endomembrane system of the cell includes
1. ER + Golgi body + Mitochondria
2. ER + Golgi body + Vacuole + Microtubules
3. ER + Golgi body + Lysosome + Vacuole
4. ER + Golgi body + Chloroplast + Lysosome
ER, Golgi complex, lysosomes and vacuoles are included in endomembrane system because :-
1. Their function are similar
2. Their structure are same
3. Their function are co-ordinated
4. Golgi complex, lysosomes and vacuoles are originated from the ER
Which of the following statement is incorrect with respect to
1. Found only in eukaryotes.
2. The organelle of this system function in coordinated
3. It includes endoplasmic reticulum, golgi complex,
lysosome and vacuole.
4. Found in that cell in which cyclosis is absent
Which of the following organelles is not correctly matched with its feature?
|1.||Smooth endoplasmic reticulum||Synthesis of steroidal hormones in animals|
|2.||Golgi apparatus||Formation of glycoproteins and glycolipids|
|3.||Lysosomes||Rich in alkaline hydrolases|
|4.||Elaioplasts||Store oils and fats|
In the given diagram, what is true for both A and B?
1. They are involved in protein synthesis
2. They synthesize steroidal hormones in animal cells
3. They are a part of endomembranous system of a eukaryotic cell
4. They are continuous with the inner membrane of the nucleus
Select the incorrect statement(s) with respect to functions of various cellular components
a. Middle lamella works as glue to hold the adjacent cells together.
b. Mitochondria, chloroplast and vacuoles are part of the endomembrane system as their functions are coordinated.
c. Lipoidal steroid hormones are synthesized by ER component which is not associated to 80 S ribosomes.
1. Only b
2. Only a
3. Both a and c
4. Both b and c
Which of the following statement is true for a secretory cell?
1. Golgi apparatus is absent
2. Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum (RER) is easily observed in the cell.
3. Only Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum (SER) is present.
4. Secretory granules are formed in nucleus.
Consider the following statements:
I. In animal cells, lipid like steroidal hormones are synthesized in SER.
II. Golgi apparatus is the important site for formation of glycoproteins & glycolipids.
III. Lysosomes carry alkaline hydrolases.
Which of the above statements are true?
1. I and II only
2. I and III only
3. II and III only
4. I, II and III