Choose incorrect statement regarding cells
1. Mycoplasma, the smallest cell, is only 0.3 m in length while bacteria could be 3 to 5 m
2. Hemoglobin associated human cells are about 7m in diameter
3. The shape of the cell may not vary with the function they perform
4. Nerve cells are longest cells
Choose incorrect statement
1. Leeuwenhoek first saw and described a living cell
2. Robert Brown discovered cell
3. Electron microscope revealed all the structural details of cell
4. A large cell has a higher volume: surface ratio than a smaller cell
Cell is the fundamental structural and functional unit of all living organisms because:
(1) Anything less than a complete structure of a cell does not ensure independant living.
(2) The metabolic reactions can only occur inside a living cell.
(3) Nucleic acids present in the cells ensure living state.
(4) The membrane bound organelles cause differentiation for proper functioning.
Identify the cell organelles labelled as A, B, C and D. Mark the correct option with respect to organelle and its function.
1. A - Major site for synthesis of lipid.
2. B - Performs the function of packaging materials, to be delivered to only intracellular targets.
3. C - Sites of anaerobic respiration.
4. D - Main arena of cellular activities