Cell theory was proposed by
(1) a botanist
(2) a zoologist
(3) a botanist and a zoologist
(4) a psychologist.
Which of the following organelles contain DNA?
(i) Mitochondria (ii) Chloroplasts (iii) Golgi bodies (iv) Ribosomes
(1) (i) and (ii)
(2) (ii) and (iii)
(3) (i) only
(4) (iv) only.
Identify the accurate explanation of mesosome.
(1) a specialised structure of prokaryotic cell formed by extension of plasma membrane into the cytoplasm
(2) the middle layer of the prokaryotic cell wall
(3) the organelle of eukaryotic cell which helps in lipid synthesis
(4) the middle layer of eukaryotic cell wall.
Which one of the following structure is an organelle within an organelle?
SER and RER can be distinguished with its presence in
(1) protein synthesising cells
(2) protein and fat synthesising cells
(3) carbohydrates and fat synthesising cells
(4) lipid and protein synthesising cells
Fluid mosaic model of plasma membrane was given by
(2) Robert Hooke
(3) Singer and Nicholson
(4) Gorter and Grendel
Which of the following four cell structures is correctly matched with the accompanying description?
(1) Plasma membrane - Outer layer of cellulose or chitin, or absent
(2) Mitochondria - Bacteria like elements with inner membrane forming sacs containing chlorophyll, found in plant cells and algae
(3) Chloroplasts - Bacteria like elements with inner membrane highly folded
(4) Golgi apparatus - Stacks of flattened vesicles
Which one of the following is incorrect statement
(1) All organisms are composed of cells
(2) Cell is the basic unit of life
(3) All inanimate things are made up of cells
(4) Virus is acellular
Which of the following is incorrect match
(1)bacillus- rod like
Which of the following is not true about plasmid
(1) extra chromosomal DNA
(2)give unique genotypic characters to bacteria
(3)helps in antibiotic resistance
(4)helps in reproduction