Cell is the fundamental structural and functional unit of all living organisms because:
(1) Anything less than a complete structure of a cell does not ensure independant living.
(2) The metabolic reactions can only occur inside a living cell.
(3) Nucleic acids present in the cells ensure living state.
(4) The membrane bound organelles cause differentiation for proper functioning.
Who concluded, based on his studies on plant tissues, that the presence of cell wall is a unique character of plant cells ?
(1) Mathias Schleiden
(2) Theodore Schwann
(3) Rudolph Virchow
(4) Robert Hooke
Mesosomes in prokaryotes do not help in:
1. Cell wall formation
2. DNA replication
The endomembrane system of a eukaryotic cell does not include:
1. Endoplasmic reticulum
The cis and trans faces of the Golgi Apparatus are:
1. Similar but not interconnected
2. Similar and interconnected
3. Entirely different but interconnected
4. Entirely diffrent and not interconnected
A centriole-like structure, from which the cilium and the flagellum emerge, is the:
2. Basal body
The outer membrane of the nucleus:
I. is continuous with the Endoplasmic reticulum
II. does not bear ribosomes.
1. Only I is correct
2. Only II is correct
3. Both I and II are correct
4. Both I and II are incorrect
Prokaryotic cells have something unique in the form of:
1. Inclusion bodies
3. Cell wall
4. 70 S ribosomes
Carotenoid pigments are found in:
(1) Only I
(2) Only I and II
(3) Only II
(4) I, II and III
All the following are the part of a eukaryotic cell endomembranous system except:
3. Golgi complex