Choose incorrect statement
1. Leeuwenhoek first saw and described a living cell
2. Robert Brown discovered cell
3. Electron microscope revealed all the structural details of cell
4. A large cell has a higher volume: surface ratio than a smaller cell
Find out the incorrect match
1. Lysosome - Intracellular scavenging
2. Golgi complex - Metabolism of xenobiotics
3. Elaioplast - Oil and fat storage
4. Glyoxysomes - Gluconeogenesis
Which of the following synthesizes proteins for export?
1. Free ribosomes
For the fluid mosaic model of membrane given by Singer and Nicolson, which of the following conditions are not associated?
1. Lipids enable the lateral movement of proteins in the membrane
2. Fluid nature of membrane helps in secretion
3. Lipids can show flip flop movement from one layer of membrane to other
4. The fluidity of membrane is mainly due to oligosaccharides
Select the incorrect statement(s) with respect to functions of various cellular components
a. Middle lamella works as glue to hold the adjacent cells together.
b. Mitochondria, chloroplast and vacuoles are part of the endomembrane system as their functions are coordinated.
c. Lipoidal steroid hormones are synthesized by ER component which is not associated to 80 S ribosomes.
1. Only b
2. Only a
3. Both a and c
4. Both b and c
Select the correct match
1. 70 'S' ribosome - Bacterial mesosome
2. Cytoskeleton - Lipoproteins
3. Kinetochore - Centromere
4. Lysosome - Catalase
Thin, amorphous, and cementing layer between two adjacent cells, is
1. Primary wall
2. Middle lamella
3. Secondary wall
4. Plasma membrane
Both chloroplast and mitochondria show similarity in
1. Presence of DNA with more AT
2. Presence of 70s ribosome
3. Presence of porins
4. More than one option is correct
Choose incorrect match
1. Chloroplast - Thylakoid
2. Golgi bodies - Cristae
3. Mitochondria - Oxisome
4. Centriole - Microtubules
How many microtubules are associated with the structure of centriole?