Balbiani rings are sites of
1. Lipid synthesis
2. Nucleotide synthesis
3. Polysaccharide synthesis
4. RNA and protein synthesis
Which of the following is not membrane bound?
What is true about ribosomes?
1. The prokaryotic ribosomes are 80S, where S stands for sedimentation coefficient
2. These are composed of ribonucleic acid and proteins
3. These are found only in eukaryotic cells
4. These are self-splicing introns of some RNAs
Which one of the following structures is an organelle within an organelle ?
1. several ribosomes attached to a single mRNA
2. many ribosomes attached to a strand of endoplasmic reticulum
3. a ribosome with several subunits
4. ribosomes attached to each other in a linear arrangement