Select the mismatch.
1. Gas vacuoles — Green bacteria Cells
2. Large central vacuoles — Animal cells
3. Protists — Eukaryotes
4. Methanogens — Prokaryotes
A cell organelle containing hydrolytic enzyme is
Microtubules are the constituents of
(1) spindle fibres, centrioles and cilia
(2) centrioles, spindle fibres and chromatin
(3) centrosome, nucleosome and centrioles
(4) cilia, flagella and peroxisomes
A complex of ribosomes attached to a single strand of RNA is known as
(3) okazaki fragment
Which of the following is not a feature of the plasmids?
(a) Circular structure
(d) Independent replication
Water soluble pigments found in plant cell vacuoles are
Which among the following are the smallest living cells, known without a definite cell wall, pathogenic to plants as well as animals and can survive without oxygen?
Select the wrong statement.
1. Bacterial cell wall is made up of peptidoglycan
2. Pili and fimbriae are mainly involved in motility of bacterial cells
3. Cyanobacteria lack flagellated cells
4. Mycoplasma is a wall-less microorganism
1. Larger nucleoli are present in dividing cells.
2. It is a membrane-bound structure.
3. It takes part in spindle formation.
4. It is a site for active ribosomal RNA synthesis.