Inclusion bodies of blue-green, purple, and green photosynthetic bacteria are :
1. Contractile vacuoles
2. Gas vacuoles
The biosynthesis of ribosomal RNA occurs in :
2. Golgi apparatus
The size of Pleuropneumonia - like Organism (PPLO) is :
1. 0.02 m
2. 1-2 m
3. 10-20 m
4. 0.1 m
Match the following columns and select the correct option :
Column - I Column - II
(a) Smooth endoplasmic reticulum (i) Protein synthesis
(b) Rough endoplasmic reticulum (ii) Lipid synthesis
(c) Golgi complex (iii) Glycosylation
(d) Centriole (iv) Spindle formation
1. (a)-(ii), (b)-(i), (c)-(iii). (d)-(iv)
2. (a)-(iii), (b)-(i), (c)-(ii), (d)-(iv)
3. (a)-(iv), (b)-(ii), (c)-(i), (d)-(iii)
4. (a)-(i), (b)-(ii), (c)-(iii), (d)-(iv)
When the centromere is situated in the middle of two equal arms of chromosomes, the chromosome is referred as :
Match List - I with List - II
|List -I||List - II|
|(a) Cristae||(i) Primary constriction in chromosome|
|(b) Thylakoids||(ii) Disc-shaped sacs in Golgi apparatus|
|(c) Centromere||(iii) Infoldings in mitochondria|
|(d) Cisternae||(iv) Flattened membranous sacs in stroma of plastids|
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
Which of the following is an incorrect statement?
1. The perinuclear space forms a barrier between the materials present inside the nucleus and that of the cytoplasm.
2. Nuclear pores act as passages for proteins and RNA molecules in both directions between nucleus and cytoplasm.
3. Mature sieve tube elements possess a conspicuous nucleus and usual cytoplasmic organelles.
4. Microbodies are present both in plant and animal cells.
The organelles that are included in the endomembrane system are:
(1) Golgi complex, Mitochondria, Ribosomes and Lysosomes
(2) Golgi complex, Endoplasmic reticulus, Mitochondria and Lysosomes
(3) Endoplasmic reticulum, Mitochondria, Ribosomes and Lysosomes
(4) Endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi complex, Lysosomes and Vacuoles
Which of the following statement about inclusion bodies incorrect ?
(1) These are involved in ingestion of food particles.
(2) They lie free in the cytoplasm.
(3) These represent reserve material in cytoplasm.
(4) They are not bound by any memberane.
Which is the important site of formation of glycoproteins and glycolipids in eukaryotic cells?
(2) Golgi bodies
(4) Endoplasmic reticulum