Select the correct pair.
1. Cells of medullary rays that form part of a cambial ring - Interfascicular cambium
2. Loose parenchyma cells rupturing the epidermis and forming a lens-shaped opening in the bark - Spongy parenchyma
3. Large colorless empty cells in the epidermis of grass leaves - Subsidiary cells
4. In dicot leaves, vascular bundles are surrounded by large thick-walled cells - Conjunctive tissue
Identify the incorrect statement.
1. Sapwood is involved in conduction of water and minerals from root to leafs.
2. Sapwood is the innermost secondary xylem and is lighter in colour
3. Due to deposition of tannins, resins, oils etc., heart wood is dark in colour.
4. Heart wood does not conduct water but gives mechanical support.
Secondary xylem and phloem in dicot stem are produced by
1. Apical meristems
2. Vascular cambium
4. Axillary meristems
The vascular cambium normally gives rise to:
1. Primary Phloem
2. Secondary xylem
Interfascicular cambium develops from the cells of
1. Xylem parenchyma
4. Medullary rays