The transverse section of a plant shows following anatomical features :
a. Large number of scattered vascular bundles surrounded by bundle sheath.
b. Large conspicuous parenchymatous ground tissue.
c. Vascular bundles conjoint and closed.
d. Phloem parenchyma absent.
Identify the category of plant and its part :
1. Monocotyledonous root
2. Dicotyledonous stem
3. Dicotyledonous root
4. Monocotyledonous stem
Identify the incorrect statement.
1. Sapwood is involved in conduction of water and minerals from root to leafs.
2. Sapwood is the innermost secondary xylem and is lighter in colour
3. Due to deposition of tannins, resins, oils etc., heart wood is dark in colour.
4. Heart wood does not conduct water but gives mechanical support.
Large, empty colorless cells of the adaxial epidermis along the veins of grass leaves are
2. Guard cells
3. Bundle sheath cells
4. Bulliform cells
Which of the following statements about cork cambium is incorrect?
1. It forms a secondary cortex on its outside
2. It forms a part of periderm
3. It is responsible for the formation of lenticels
4. It is a couple of layers thick
Regeneration of damaged growing grass following grazing is largely due to :
1. Lateral meristem
2. Apical meristem
3. Intercalary meristem
4. Secondary meristem
In the dicot root, the vascular cambium originates from :
1. Tissue located below the phloem bundles and a portion of pericycle tissue above protoxylem
2. Cortical region
3. Parenchyma between endodermis and pericycle
4. Intrafascicular and interfascicular tissue in a ring
Given below is the diagram of a stomatal apparatus. In which of the following, all the four parts labelled as A, B, C and D are correctly identified –
|1.||Guard cell||Stomatal aperture||Subsidiary Cell||Epidermal Cell|
|2.||Epidermal Cell||Guard Cell||Stomatal aperture||Subsidiary cell|
|3.||Epidermal Cell||Subsidiary Cell||Stomatal aperture||Guard Cell|
|4.||Subsidiary Cell||Epidermal Cell||Guard Cell||Stomatal aperture|
Some vascular bundles are described as open
because these :
1. are not surrounded by pericycle
2. are surrounded by pericycle but no
3. are capable of producing secondary xylem
4. possess conjunctive tissue between xylem
The periderm includes :
1. Secondary phloem
4. All of these
Main function of lenticel is : -
3. Gaseous exchange