9. Phellogen and phellem respectively denote
(a) cork and cork cambium
(b) cork cambium and cork
(c) secondary cortex and cork
(d) cork and secondary cortex
10. In which of the following pairs of parts of a flowering plant is epidermis absent?
(a) Root tip and shoot tip
(b) Shoot bud and floral bud
(c) Ovule and seed
(d) Petiole and pedicel
How many shoot apical meristems are likely to be present in a twig of a plant possessing, 4 branches and 26 leaves?
A piece of wood having no vessels (trachea) must belong to
A plant tissue, when stained, showed the presence of hemicellulose and pectin in the cell walls of its cells. The tissue represents
14. Fibres are likely to be absent in
(a) secondary phloem
(b) secondary xylem
(c) primary phloem
15. When we peel the skin of a potato tuber, we remove
A vesselless piece of stem possessing prominent sieve tubes would belong to
Which one of the following cell types always divide by anticlinal cell division?
1. Fusiform initial cells
2. Root cap
What is the fate of the primary xylem in a dicot root showing extensive secondary growth?
1. It is retained in the center of the axis
2. It gets crushed
3. May or may not get crushed
4. It gets surrounded by primary phloem