Tracheids, vessels, xylem fibres and xylem parenchyma are components of
(1) Simple tissue
Primary xylem is of two types, they are-
(1) Protoxylem and metaxylem
(2) Xylem parenchyma and xylem fibres
(3) Tracheids and vessels
(4) Simple xylem and complex xylem
The presence of _________ is characteristic feature of angiosperms.
3. Tracheid pore
4. Vessel pore
Which one is true regarding xylem?
1. vessels are absent in gymnosperms
2. cells of vessel are called vessel members
3. tracheid and vessel lack protoplasm
4. All of these
The type of primary xylem when protoxylem lies towards the pith is known as
4. Both (1) and (3)
Select the incorrect statement with respect to vessel
1. Devoid of protoplasm.
2. Lignified wall.
3. Long cylindrical tube like cells.
4. Presence of vessel is characteristic of gymnosperm.
Which of the following is related to tracheids?
(1) Deposition of suberin on cell wall
(2) Found in gymnosperms only
(3) Dead cell without protoplsm
(4) Helps in radial conduction of water
Xylem parenchyma store food in the form of
D. All of the above
Which among the following cannot be a feature of given diagram?
1. It is a long cylindrical tube like structure
2. Having lignified walls
3. having large central cavity
4. Having protoplasm
In flowering plants which of the following are main water transporting element
(3) Both A and B
(4) None of the above