Select the odd one out with respect to tissues
1. A group of cells having a common origin
2. They usually perform a common function
3. Complex tissues are made of more than one type of cells
4. They are not capable of division
Which of the following component of phloem is mainly responsible for the storage of food material and other substances like resins, latex and mucilage?
1. Sieve tube
2. Companion cell
3. Bast fibres
4. Phloem parenchyma
Living mechanical tissue with a thickening at the cells corners possess deposition of
2. Cellulose and pectin only
3. Cellulose, hemicellulose and pectin
4. Cellulose only
During secondary growth in dicot root
1. Vascular cambium arises completely from conjunctive parenchyma
2. Growth rings are distinct with spring wood alternating with autumn wood
3. Phellogen arises from the epidermis
4. Vascular cambium is complete and continuous wavy ring
Identify the mismatched pair:
|1.||Thick walled, elongated and pointed cells present in hypodermis of dicot stem|
|2.||Forms the major component within plant organs|
|3.||Commonly found in pulp of fruits like guava, pear and sapota|
|4.||Provide mechanical support to growing parts of plant|
Mark the incorrect statement with respect to guard cells in stomata
1. In grasses these are dumb-bell shaped
2. They possess chloroplasts
3. Regulate opening and closing of stomata
4. Outer walls are thick and inner walls are thin in dicots
Arrange the following diagrams in correct order according to the events occurring during secondary growth in dicot stem.
1. b, d, c, a
2. b, a, d, c
3. d, a, b, c
4. d, b, a, c
All are the features of heart wood, except
A. Forms greater part of secondary xylem in old trees.
B. Light in colour.
C. Constitutes peripheral region of secondary xylem.
D. It is hard and durable due to deposition of organic compounds, essential oils etc.
E. It is physiologically active and is comprised of living elements.
F. Involved in the conduction of water and minerals from root to leaf
1. A, D & F
2. B, C, E & F
3. D, E & F
4. B, D & E
Well developed pith is present in
1. Dicot stem, monocot root
2. Monocot stem, dicot root
3. Dicot root, dicot stem
4. Monocot root, monocot stem
Heart wood is differentiated from sap wood in being
1. Peripheral in position
2. Resistant to the attack of microorganisms and insects
3. Lighter in colour and dignified
4. hard, durable and help in conduction of water