The vascular cambium normal gives rise to.
(2) primary phloem
(3) secondary xylem
Cortex is the region found between
(1) Epidermis and stele
(2) Pericycle and endodermis
(3) Endodermis and pith
(4) Endodermis and vascular bundle
The balloon-shaped structures called tyloses
(1) Original in the lumen of vessels
(2) characterise the sapwood
(3) are exetentions of xylem parenchyma cells into vessels
(4) are linked to the ascent of sap through xylem vessels
Specialised epidermal cells surrounding the guard cells are called ?
1. subsidiary cells
2. bulliform cells
4. complementary cells
Identify the wrong statement in context of heartwood.
(1) Organic compounds are deposited in it
(2) it is highly durable
(3) It conducts water and minerals efficiently
(4) It comprises dead elements with highly lignified walls
Secondary xylem and phloem in dicot stem are produced by
1. Apical meristems
2. Vascular cambium
4. Axillary meristems
Which of the following is made up of dead cells?
4. Xylem parenchyma