Correct position of floral parts over thalamus in the mustard plant is :
1. Gynoecium occupies the highest position, while the other parts are situated below it.
2. Margin of the thalamus grows upward, enclosing the ovary completely, and other parts arise below the ovary.
3. Gynoecium is present in the center and other parts cover it partially.
4. Gynoecium is situated in the center, and other parts of the flower are located at the rim of the thalamus, at the same level.
Which of the following is the correct floral formula of Liliaceae?
Identify the correct features of Mango and Coconut fruits.
(i) In both, fruit is a drupe
(ii) Endocarp is edible in both
(iii) Mesocarp in Coconut is fibrous, and in Mango, it is fleshy
(iv) In both, the fruit develops from the monocarpellary ovary
Select the correct option from below :
1. (i), (iii) and (iv) only
2. (i), (ii) and (iii) only
3. (i) and (iv) only
4. (i) and (ii) only
Which one of the following organisms is correctly matched with its three characteristics ?
1. Tomato : Twisted aestivation, Axile placentation, Berry
2. Onion : Bulb, Imbricate aestivation, Axile placentation
3. Maize : pathway, Closed vascular bundles, Scutellum
4. Pea : pathway, Endospermic seed, Vaxillary aestivation
Consider the following four statements A, B, C & D and select the right option for two correct statements:
|(A)||In vexillary aestivation, the large posterior petal is called standard, two lateral ones are wings and two small anterior petals are termed keel|
|(B)||The floral formula for Liliaceae is|
|(C)||In pea flower the stamens are monadelphous|
|(D)||The floral formula for Solanaceae is|
The correct statements are:
1. A and B
2. B and C
3. C and D
4. A and C
The correct floral formula of soyabean is –
1. % K5 C1 + (2) + 2 A(9)+1 G1
2. % K(5) C1 + 2 + (2) A(9)+1 G1
3. % K(5) C1 + 2 + (2) A1+(9) G1
4. % K(5) C1 + (2) + 2 A(9)+1 G1
Aestivation of petals in the flower of cotton is correctly shown in –
Which one of the following is a xerophytic plant in which the stem is modified into a flat green and succulent structure –
Which one of the following diagrams represents
the placentation in Dianthus ?
Whorled, simple leaves with reticulate venation
are present in :
4. China Rose