The ovary is half inferior in:
The roots that originate from the base of the stem are:
(1) Primary roots
(2) Prop roots
(3) Lateral roots
(4) Fibrous roots
Ray florets have:
1. Superior ovary
2. Hypogynous ovary
3. Half inferior ovary
4. Inferior ovary
Correct position of floral parts over thalamus in the mustard plant is :
1. Gynoecium occupies the highest position, while the other parts are situated below it.
2. Margin of the thalamus grows upward, enclosing the ovary completely, and other parts arise below the ovary.
3. Gynoecium is present in the center and other parts cover it partially.
4. Gynoecium is situated in the center, and other parts of the flower are located at the rim of the thalamus, at the same level.
Which of the following is the correct floral formula of Liliaceae?
Identify the correct features of Mango and Coconut fruits.
(i) In both, fruit is a drupe
(ii) Endocarp is edible in both
(iii) Mesocarp in Coconut is fibrous, and in Mango, it is fleshy
(iv) In both, the fruit develops from the monocarpellary ovary
Select the correct option from below :
1. (i), (iii) and (iv) only
2. (i), (ii) and (iii) only
3. (i) and (iv) only
4. (i) and (ii) only
Match the placental types (column-I) with their examples (column-II)
Column I Column II
(a) Basal (i) Mustard
(b) Axile (ii) China rose
(c) Parietal (iii) Dianthus
(d) Free central (iv) Sunflower
Choose the correct answer from the following options:
1. (a)-(ii), (b)-(iii),(c)-(iv), (d)-(i)
2. (a)-(i), (b)-(ii), (c)-(iii), (d)-(iv)
3. (a)-(iv), (b)-(ii), (c)-(i), (d)-(iii)
4. (a)-(iii), (b)-(iv), (c)-(i), (d)-(ii)
Bicarpellary ovary with obliquely placed septum is seen in :
Which of the following shows whorled phyllotaxy ?
2. China rose
Which one of the following organisms is correctly matched with its three characteristics ?
1. Tomato : Twisted aestivation, Axile placentation, Berry
2. Onion : Bulb, Imbricate aestivation, Axile placentation
3. Maize : pathway, Closed vascular bundles, Scutellum
4. Pea : pathway, Endospermic seed, Vaxillary aestivation