Consider the following regarding the reasons for the fact that now Cyanobacteria are kept in Monera and not in Plantae:
I. They are prokaryotes.
II. The cell wall of cyanobacteria has peptidoglycan.
III. They can fix atmospheric nitrogen
The Corrcet explanations would be:
1. I and II only
2. I and III only
3. II and III only
4. I, II and III
First time the scientific basis for classification was attempted by -
(3) Van Neil
The presence of RBC to classify animals was used as a unique criterion by
(3) Van Neil
Which is wrongly matched?
(1) Fungi - Heterotrophic group
(2) Prokaryotes- Protista
(3) Unicellular+nuclear membrane possessing - Protista
(4) Chlamydomonas and amoeba - Protista
Heterotrophic, eukaryotic, multicellular organisms lacking a cell wall are included in the kingdom.
In five kingdom classification, which single kingdom contains blue-green algae, nitrogen-fixing bacteria and methanogenic archaebacteria
Evolutionary history of an organism is known as:
In two Kingdom classification plantae had all bacteria, algae and fungi with them on the basis of
(1) Presence of cell walls
(2) Presence of nuclear membrane
(3) Presence of some kind of body organization
(4) Presence of different mode of nutrition
The five kingdom classification system was given by
Kingdom Animalia is characterised by
(1) direct dependence on autotrophs
(2) indirect dependence on autotrophs
(3) absence of chlorophyll
(4) absence of cell wall