Which of the following is against the rules of ICBN?
1. Hand written scientific names should be underlined.
2. Every species should have a generic name and a specific epithet.
3. Scientific names are in Latin and should be italized.
4. Generic and specific names should be written starting with small letters.
The contrasting characteristics generally in a pair used for identification of animals in Taxonomic Key are referred to as :
Select the correctly written scientific name of Mango which was first described by Carolus Linnaeus :
1. Mangifera Indica
2. Mangifera indica Car. Linn.
3. Mangifera indica Linn.
4. Mangifera indica
ICBN stands for :
1. Indian Congress of Biological Names
2. International Code of Botanical Nomenclature
3. Indian Code of Botanical Nomenclature
4. International Congress of Biological Names
1. Cuttlefish – Mollusca, a class
2. Humans – Primate, the family
3. Housefly – Musca, an order
4. Tiger – Tigris, the species
Which one of the following is common to multicellular fungi, filamentous algae and protonema of mosses?
1. Diplontic life cycle
2. Members of kingdom-Plantae
3. Mode of nutrition
4. Multiplication by fragmentation
Which one of the following is not a correct statement?
1. Botanical Gardens have collection of living plants for reference.
2. A museum has collection of photographs of plants and animals
3. Key is taxonomic aid for identification of specimens.
4. herbarium houses dried, pressed and preserved plant specimens
1. II and I
2. III and IV
3. I and IV
4. I and II
|Column I||Column II|
|A. Family||1. Diptera|
|B. Order||2. Arthropoda|
|C. Class||3. Muscidae|
|D. Phylum||4. Insecta|
1. A-3 B-1 C-4 D-2
2. A-3 B-2 C-4 D-1
3. A-4 B-3 C-2 D-1
4. A-4 B-2 C-1 D-3