Taxonomic hierarchy refers to
(1) step-wise arrangement of all categories for classification of plants and animals
(2) a group of senior taxonomists, who decide the nomenclature of plants and animals
(3) a list of botanists or zoologists, who have worked on taxonomy of a species or group
(4) classification of a species based on fossil record
Which of the following is matched incorrectly:
a. Mangifera: indica
b. Panthera: tuberosum
c. Solanum: melongena
d. Solanum: nigrum
Taxonomic categories together makes-
a. Criteria for Nomenclature
b. Taxonomic Hierarchy
c. Taxonomic domain
d. Criteria for Identification
As we go from species to kingdom-
a. The number of similarities gets reduced than previous taxon.
b. The number of similarities gets increased than previous taxon.
c. The number of dissimilarities gets reduced than previous taxon.
d. None of the above
Step of classification does not represent-
d. Unit of classification
The taxon which includes related species is
1. Cuttlefish – Mollusca, a class
2. Humans – Primate, the family
3. Housefly – Musca, an order
4. Tiger – Tigris, the species
a. An aggregate of different species
b. An aggregate of closely related species
c. An aggregate of different organism of a single species
d. An aggregate of closely related organisms of a single species
What does not hold true with Species?
a. Group of individual organisms
b. Having Fundamental similarities
c. Having morphological differences
d. Each Genus has only one specific epithet
Which of the following set is not correct?
a. Potato and Brinjal
b. Lion, leopard and cat
c. Tigris, pardus and leo
d. Nigrum and melongena