The system of the naming of organisms was developed by
1. Robert Hooke
2. Carolus Linnaeus
3. T. Schwann
4. Ernst Mayr
The total number and types of organisms on earth represents the
ICBN stands for:
(1) Indian Congress of Biological Names
(2) International Code for Botanical Nomenclature
(3) International Congress of Biological Names
(4) Indian Code of Botanical NOmenclature
Which of the following is against the rules of ICBN?
1. Hand written scientific names should be underlined.
2. Every species should have a generic name and a specific epithet.
3. Scientific names are in Latin and should be italized.
4. Generic and specific names should be written starting with small letters.
Which of the following is the correct scientific name of wheat derived by binominal nomenclature?
(1) Triticum Vulgare
(2) Triticum aestivum
(3) Oryza sativa
(4) Zea mays
Select the incorrect match w.r.t. the given taxonomic categories of wheat.
1. Genus - Triticum
2. Family - aestivum
3. Order- Poales
4. Class - Monocotyledonae
Systema Naturae is
a. Publication of Linnaeus
b. Institute for classification studies
c. Method to classify organisms
d. Evolutionary relationship studies
What is not true with respect to Systematics
a. Systematic arrangement of organisms
b. Derived from latin word systema
c. The study of relationships among different organisms
d. Does not account any kind of evolutionary relationships.
The processes which are not basic to taxonomy include?
Classification is not associated with
a. Grouping into convenient categories
b. Based on easily observable characters
c. Purpose is to study all the living organisms
d. Writing scientific names in impressive and understandable way.