Select incorrect statements w.r.t. living beings
1 Growth cannot be taken as a defining property of living organisms
2 Growth can be easily observed in vitro culture
3 Metabolic reactions cannot be demonstrated outside the body in cell-free system
4 All organisms, from the prokaryotes to the most complex eukaryotes can sense and respond to environmental cues
Read the statements carefully and select the correct
A. Intrinsic increase in mass of body is defining
property of living organisms.
B. Reproduction is synonymous with growth in
all the organisms
C. Reproduction is defining feature of all
D. Isolated metabolic reactions in-vitro are living
1. A and B
2. B and C
3. A and D
4. B and D
The most obvious & complicated feature of all living organisms is:
(1) The ability to sense their surroundings or environment and respond to these environmental stimuli.
(2) Reproduction - sexual or asexual - for production of progeny of own kind.
(3) The ability to growth in size due to cell division.
(4) Presence of complex organs systems such as digestive and nervous system.
What is wrong with respect to metabolism?
a. Chemical conversions or metabolic conversions are constantly going on.
b. Metabolic reactions occur simultaneously.
c. The sum total of all the chemical reaction occurring on the surface of our body is metabolism.
d. No non-living objects exhibit metabolism.
Living organisms exhibit distinctive characteristics to differentiate from non-living objects. Which one of the following statements can be considered as defining property of living things?
1 Increase in body mass as a criterion for growth
2 Reproduction is synonymous with growth in unicellular organisms
3 Ability of living organisms to sense their surroundings
4 Metabolic sections that can be demonstrated outside the body in cell-free system only
Mark the correct statements w.r.t. living organisms
1 Growth and cellular organisation are considered as defining properties of living organisms
2 Reproduction can be all inclusive defining characteristic of living organisms
3 Living organisms are self replicating, self regulating and evolving interesting systems
4 isolated metabolic reactions in vitro are living things
What is incorrect statements-
1. Organisms that can respond to stimuli are with a well developed nervous system..
2. Generally growth and reproduction are mutually exclusive events in higher organism.
3. Mules and sterile worker bees do not reproduce.
4. Metabolic reactions may take place in isolated cell-free systems
Choose the wrong statements w.r.t. distinguishing characteristics of living beings
1 In majority of higher, the growth and reproduction are mutually exclusive events
2 Degrowth will occur when catabolism exceeds anabolism
3 Isolated metabolic relations in-vitro are neither living things nor living reactions
4 Growth cannot be taken as a defining property of living organisms if we take increase in body mass as a criterion on growth
Consider the following two statements:
I. Cellular organization of the body is the defining feature of life forms.
II. Metabolic reactions cannot be demonstrated outside the body in cell-free systems.
(1) Both I and II are true and II explains I
(2) Both I and II are true but II does not explain I
(3) I is true but II is false
(4) Both I and II are false
Which of the following characters, are defining features
of all living organisms?
(A) Growth from inside
(B) Sexual reproduction
(D) Response to stimuli
(E) Cellular organisation
1. Only (C), (D) and (E)
2. Only (A) and (B)
3. Only (B), (C) and (D)
4. All except (B)