Green chemistry means such reactions that
1. Produce colour during reactions
2. Reduce the use and production of hazardous chemicals.
3. Are related to the depletion of the ozone layer.
4. Study the reactions in plants.
The wrong statement about photochemical smog is-
1. Photochemical smog causes irritation in eyes.
2. It has a low concentration of oxidizing agents
3. It can be controlled by controlling the release of , hydrocarbon, ozone, etc.
4. Plantation of some plants helps in controlling photochemical smog.
A gas that is not common component of photochemical smog is-
3. Peroxyacetyl nitrate
Which one of the following statements regarding photochemical smog is not correct?
1. Carbon monoxide does not play any role in photochemical smog formation
2. Photochemical smog is an oxidising agent in character
3. Photochemical smog is formed through photochemical reaction involving energy
4. Photochemical smog does not cause irritation in eyes and throat
Which oxide of nitrogen is not a common pollutant introduced into the atmosphere both due to natural and human activity?
Which one of the following statements is not true?
1. Concentration of dissolved oxygen below 5 ppm is good for the growth of fish
2. Clean water would have a BOD value of less than 5 ppm
3. Oxides of sulphur, nitrogen and carbon are the most widespread air pollutant
4. pH of drinking water should be between 6.5-8.5
Among the following, the one that is not a greenhouse gas is:
1. Sulphur dioxide
2. Nitrous oxide
The phenomenon in which atmospheric gases trap the heat radiations from the sun near the earth’s surface and keeps it warm is known as-
1. Natural greenhouse effect
2. Tyndall effect
3. Heating effect
4. Joule’s effect
The gas that damages the ozone layer is -
(1) In which individual interact to each other
(2) By which life originated
(3) The name of a bird
(4) Organic compound by which life diminishes