Match List-I with List-II
|(a) Filariasis||(i) Haemophilus influenzae|
|(b) Amoebiasis||(ii) Trichophyton|
|(c) Pneumonia||(iii) Wuchereria bancrofti|
|(d) Ringworm||(iv) Entamoeba histolytica|
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
The infectious stage of plasmodium that enters the human body is:
2. Female gametocytes
3. Male gametocytes
Match the following diseases with the causative organism and select the correct option.
|Column -I||Column- II|
|(a) Typhoid||(i) Wuchereria|
|(b) Pneumonia||(ii) Plasmodium|
|(c) Filariasis||(iii) Salmonella|
|(d) Malaria||(iv) Haemophilus|
Identify the wrong statement with a reference to immunity.
1. When ready-made antibodies are directly given, it is called “Passive immunity".
2. Active immunity is quick and gives a full response.
3. Foetus receives some antibodies from the mother, it is an example of passive immunity
4. When exposed to antigen(living or dead) antibodies are produced in the host's body. It is called "Active immunity
Match the following columns and select the correct option :
Column - I Column - II
(i) Typhoid (a) Haemophilus influenzae
(ii) Malaria (b) Wuchereria bancrofti
(iii) Pneumonia (c) Plasmodium vivax
(iv) Filariasis (d) Salmonella typhi
1. (i)-(d), (ii)-(c), (iii)-(a), (iv)-(b)
2. (i)-(c), (ii)-(d), (iii)-(b), (iv)-(a)
3. (i)-(a), (ii)-(c), (iii)-(b), (iv)-(d)
4. (i)-(a), (ii)-(b), (iii)-(d), (iv)-(c)
The yellowish fluid "colostrum" secreted by mammary glands of the mother during the initial days of lactation has abundant antibodies (IgA) to protect the infant. This type of immunity is called as :
1. Passive immunity
2. Active immunity
3. Acquired immunity
Which of the following immune responses is responsible for rejection of kidney graft?
1. Cell mediated immune response
2. Auto-immune response
3. Humoral immune response
4. Inflammatory immune response
Colostrum, the yellowish fluid, secreted by the mother during the initial days of lactation is very essential to impart immunity to newborn infants because it contains:
1. Immunoglobulin A
2. Natural killer cells
Identify the correct pair representing the causative agent of typhoid fever and the confirmatory test for typhoid.
1. Salmonella typhi/Widal test
2. Plasmodium vivax/UTI test
3. Streptococcus pneumoniae/Widal test
4. Salmonella typhi/Anthrone test
Drug called 'Heroin' is synthesized by:
1. nitration of morphine
2. methylation of morphine
3. acetylation of morphine
4. glycosylation of morphine