Following are the statements about prostomium of earthworm.
(a) It serves as a covering for mouth.
(b) It helps to open cracks in the soil into which it can crawl.
(c) It is one of the sensory structures.
(d) It is the first body segment.
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
1. (a), (b), (c) and (d) are correct
2. (b) and (c) are correct
3. (a), (b) and (c) are correct
4. (a), (b) and (d) are correct
In cockroach, identify the parts of the foregut in correct sequence:-
1. Mouth Oesophagus Pharynx Crop Gizzard
2. Mouth Crop Pharynx Oesophagus Gizzard
3. Mouth Gizzard Crop Pharynx Oesophagus
4. Mouth Pharynx Oesophagus Crop Gizzard
Match the following columns with reference to cockroach and select the correct option :
|Column - I||Column - II|
|(a) Grinding of||(i) Hepatic caeca the food particles|
|(b) Secrete gastric||(ii) 10th segment juice|
|(c) 10 pairs||(iii) Proventriculus|
|(d) Anal cerci||(iv) Spiracles|
|(v) Alary muscles|
1. (a)-(iii), (b)-(i), (c)-(iv), (d)-(ii)
2. (a)-(iv), (b)-(iii), (c)-(v), (d)-(ii)
3. (a)-(i), (b)-(iv), (c)-(iii), (d)-(ii)
4. (a)-(ii), (b)-(iii), (c)-(i), (d)-(iv)
Select the incorrectly matched pair from the following:
1. Chondrocytes - Smooth muscle cells
2. Neurons - Nerve cells
3. Fibroblast - Areolar tissue
4. Osteocytes - Bone cells
Select the correct sequence of organs in the ailmentary canal of cockroach starting from mouth:
Match the following cell structure with its characteristic feature :
a. Tight junctions (i) Cement neighbouring cells together to form sheet
b. Adhering junctions (ii) Transmit information through chemicals to another cells
c. Gap junctions (iii) Establish a barrier to prevent leakage of fluid across epithelial cells
d. Synaptic junctions (iv) Cytoplasmic channels to facilitate communication between adjacent cells
Select correct option from the following :
1. (a)-(ii), (b)-(iv), (c)-(i), (d)-(iii)
2. (a)-(iv), (b )-(ii), (c)-(i), (d)-(iii)
3. (a)-(iii), (b)-(i), (c)-(iv), (d)-(ii)
4. (a)-(iv), (b)-(iii), (c)-(i), (d)-(ii)
Select the correct route for the passage of sperms in male frogs:
1. Testes → Vasa efferentia → Kidney → Seminal Vesicle→ Urinogenital duct → Cloaca
2. Testes → Vasa efferentia → Bidder's canal → Uretar→ Cloaca
3. Testes → Vasa efferentia → Kidney → Bidder's canal → Urinogenital duct → Cloaca
4. Testes → Bidder's canal→ Kidney→ Vasa efferentia→ Urinogenital duct→ Cloaca
In male cockroaches, sperms are stored in which part of the reproductive system?
1. Seminal vesicles
2. Mushroom glands
4. Vas deferens
Smooth muscles are
1. involuntary, fusiform, non-striated
2. voluntary, multinucleate, cylindrical
3. involuntary, cylindrical, striated
4. voluntary, spindle-shaped, uninucleate