Prokaryotic and eukaryotic flagella differ in
1. Type of movement and placement
2. Location and mode of functioning
3. Microtubular structure and function
4. Microtubular organisation and type of movement
Chlorophyll occurs in chloroplast in
1. Inner membrane
2. Thylakoid membrane
3. Outer membrane
What is correct ?
1. DNA content becomes double during G1- phase
2. Duration of interphase is short as compared to M-phase
3. G2-phase follows mitotic phase
4. DNA-replication occurs in S-phase
What precedes reformation of nuclear envelope in M-phase?
1. Decondensation of chromosomes and appearance of nuclear lamina
2. Transcription of chromosomes and resassembly of phargmoplast
3. Formation of phragmoplast and contraction ring
4. Formation of contraction ring and transcription from chromosome.
In choroplasts the chlorophyll is located in
4. Both 1 and 2.
As per fluid mosaic model, lipids and integral proteins can diffuse randomly. The model has been modified in several aspects. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
1. Protein of cell membrane can travel within lipid bilayer
2. Protein of cell membrane can undergo flip-flop movement in lipid bilayer
3. Protein can remain confined within certain domains of the membrane
4. Many proteins remain completely embedded within lipid blilayer.
Which of the following statements about cilia is not correct ?
1. Organised beating of cilia is controlled by fluxes of Ca2+ across the membrane
2. Cilia are hair like cellular appendages
3. Cilia contain an outer ring of nine doublet microtubules surrounding two singlet microtubules
4. Microtubules of cilia are composed of tubulin.
Which of the following statement regarding mitochondrial membrane is not correct?
1. Outer membrane resembles a sieve
2. Outer membrane is permeable to all kinds of molecules
3. Enzymes of electron transport chain are embedded in outer membrane
4. Inner membrane is highly convoluted forming a series of infoldings.