The molecular weight of a gas is 44. The volume occupied by 2.2 g of this gas at and 2 atm. Pressure will be
1. 0.56 litre
2. 1.2 litres
3. 2.4 litres
4. 5.6 litres
A gas at 27°C temperature and 30 atmospheric pressure is allowed to expand to the atmospheric pressure. If the volume becomes 10 times its initial volume, then the final temperature becomes
4. – 173°C
Three containers of the same volume contain three different gases. The masses of the molecules are and and the number of molecules in their respective containers are and . The gas pressure in the containers are and respectively. All the gases are now mixed and put in one of the containers. The pressure P of the mixture will be :
At a given volume and temperature, the pressure of a gas :
1. Varies inversely as its mass
2. Varies inversely as the square of its mass
3. Varies linearly as its mass
4. Is independent of its mass
The rate of diffusion is :
1. Faster in solids than in liquids and gases
2. Faster in liquids than in solids and gases
3. Equal to solids, liquids, and gases
4. Faster in gases than in liquids and solids
Two thermally insulated vessels 1 and 2 are filled with air at temperatures volume and pressure respectively. If the valve joining the two vessels is opened, the temperature inside the vessel at equilibrium will be
For matter to exist simultaneously in gas and liquid phases :
1. The temperature must be 0 K.
2. The temperature must be less than .
3. The temperature must be less than the critical temperature.
4. The temperature must be less than the reduced temperature.