Which of the following statements is not correct?
(1) Some ions also move in epidermal cells passively
(2) The active uptake of ions is partly responsible for the water potential gradient in the roots.
(3) Uptake of water by the roots is through osmosis
(4) Transport proteins of pericycle are control points where a plant adjusts the quantity and types of solute which will cross the cell membrane
What is the chief sink of mineral elements in plants?
(1) Growing regions of the plant
(2) Enlarged cells
(4) Root hair
The most readily mobilised elements from older dying leaves are
(4) All of these
Which of the following is a part of structure and is not remobilised?
Which of the following is incorrect statement?
(1) An analysis of xylem exudate suggests that some of the nitrogen travels as inorganic ions and much of it is carried in the organic form as amino acids
(2) Small amount of P and S is also carried as inorganic compounds in xylem exudate
(3) There is exchange of material between xylem and phloem
(4) Xylem transports inorganic nutrients while phloem transports organic materials, this observation was proved wrong by the analysis of xylem exudate
The source and sink may be reversed
(1) Depending on the season
(2) Depending on the plant's needs
(3) Depending on the phloem type
(4) Both A and B
Phloem sap is mainly
(1) Water and minerals
(2) Water and sucrose
(3) Hormones and amino acid
(4) Hormones and water
Which of the following is an accepted mechanism for translocation of sugars from source to sink?
(1) Cohesion Flow hypothesis
(2) Pressure Flow hypothesis
(3) Mass fusion hypothesis
(4) Tension flow hypothesis
Girdling experiment suggests that
(1) Xylem is for water and mineral transport
(2) Phloem is for translocation of food
(3) Transport in phloem is multi directional as well
(4) The portion below the ring becomes swollen due to water
The loading at source in the phloem is
(2) Pressure flow
(3) Active transport