Which of the following is not a purpose of Transpiration?
(1) Absorption of minerals and water from the soil and transport in the plants
(2) Supplies water for photosynthesis
(3) Evaporative heating
(4) Maintains the shape and structure of the plants by keeping cells turgid
Transpiration can cool the leaf surface up to
(1) 10 to 15 degrees
(2) Up to 70 degrees
(3) Up to 2 degrees
(4) Up to 50 degrees
The humidity of rainforests is largely due to
The evolution of C4 plants is probably one of the strategies to
(1) Maximize oxygen availability
(2) Maximize Carbon dioxide availability
(3) Minimize water loss
(4) Both B and C
C4 plants are …….as efficient as C3 plants in term of making sugar and lose only ….. of the water in comparison.
(1) Half, double
(2) Twice, half
(3) One fourth, one third
(4) Twice, one third
Most of the minerals are absorbed through active transport because
(1) Minerals are charged particles
(2) Minerals are insoluble in lipid bilayer
(3) The amount of mineral is less in soil
(4) All of these
Which of the following statements is not correct?
(1) Some ions also move in epidermal cells passively
(2) The active uptake of ions is partly responsible for the water potential gradient in the roots.
(3) Uptake of water by the roots is through osmosis
(4) Transport proteins of pericycle are control points where a plant adjusts the quantity and types of solute which will cross the cell membrane
Which of the following cells of root allow the transport of ions in only one direction?
(4) Cortical cell
What is the chief sink of mineral elements in plants?
(1) Growing regions of the plant
(2) Enlarged cells
(4) Root hair
Which of the following is not a chief sink of mineral elements?
(1) Storage organs
(2) Developing flowers, fruits and seeds
(3) Young leaves
(4) Senescent part