The opening of stoma is also…….due to the orientation of the microfibril in the …….
of guard cells.
(1) Supported, cytoplasm
(2) Supported, cell wall
(3) Affected, cell membrane
(4) Affected, cytoplasm
Microfibril of Guard cells of stoma are not
(1) Made up of Cellulose
(2) Oriented radially
(3) Makes it more easy for stoma to open
(4) Found in cytoplasm
When stomata is open
(1) Outer wall of guard cell is crescent shaped
(2) Outer wall is bulged out while inner wall is crescent shaped
(3) Outer wall is crescent shaped while inner wall is flat
(4) Outer wall is flat while inner wall is crescent shaped
When guard cells lose turgor due to…….the elastic …….regain its shape and guard cells become…..
(1) Water stress, outer wall and Turgid
(2) Toxic, Inner wall and Flaccid
(3) Toxic, Outer wall and Turgid
(4) Water stress, Inner wall and Flaccid
Transpiration is affected by external factors
Find the wrong one.
(1) Temperature, Light
(3) Wind Speed
(4) Canopy structure
Transpiration is affected by internal factors
Find the wrong one
(1) Number of stomata
(2) Water status of plant
(3) Percent of open stomata
(4) Wind speed
Number and distribution of stomata, Per cent of open stomata, water status of the plant, Canopy Structure, Temperature, light, Humidity, wind speed
How many factors are externally and internally affecting transpiration?
Transpiration driven ascent of xylem depends on which of the following properties of water?
(3) Surface tension
(4) All of these
Cohesion, adhesion and surface tension of water provides it
(1) High tensile strength
(2) High capillarity
(3) High transpiration pull
(4) Both A and B
Tensile strength is
(1) Mutual attraction between water molecules
(2) Attraction of water molecules to polar surfaces
(3) More attraction in water molecules in liquid phase than in gaseous phase
(4) An ability to resist a pulling force.